Here in Ohio, Jeni is set to participate in a number of great home-state happenings, including the fabulous Mint Fest Sunday afternoon at Jorgensen Farms.
Have a question about a recipe? Crave a sample of ice cream? Want to have your copy of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home autographed?
Come on out any and all of the events. Jeni would love to meet you and share some ice cream.
Tickets: $10-$15 at jorgensen-farms.com.
- During an afternoon of great family fun down on the organic farm, Jeni will show you how to make peppermint-infused chocolate milk and peppermint-infused whipped cream. Read more about the super-cool fest — and Val Jorgensen, who grows the peppermint we use in our Backyard Mint ice cream.
- Come out, enjoy some ice cream, and listen to Jeni talk about writing the first drafts of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home in the U.A. Library in early 2010.
- During Country Living magazine's 5th-annual gathering of vendors and exhibitors antiques, vintage furnishings, crafts, gifts, and collectibles, learn how to make a pioneering new ice cream flavor, Chamomile Chardonnay and pick up a copy of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home (or bring your own) and have it signed by Jeni.
When: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday Oct. 6.
- Meet Jeni and learn how to make ice creams with the perfect balance of taste, texture, consistency, and finish.
- During the school's annual shop-a-thon/fundraiser, Jeni give a breif talk, answer questions, and sign copies of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home. It's a great way to do your holiday shopping early while raising money for the Columbus School for Girls Scholars Fund.
When: Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday Oct. 20.
- At the superb Toledo-area gourmet grocery store, have samples of the good stuff, meet Jeni, ask questions about recipes, and go home with your signed copy of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home.
- Join Jeni and nearly 100 Ohio-bred authors and illustrators during the long-running book sale and autograph session.